Jamb Mock 2021 Chemistry Question and Answers
1. The vigorous oxidation of primary alkanol yields?
2. The metallic part of clay is?
3. Which of the following metals would not form amalgam?
4. The restructuring of organic compounds to convert it from straight to branched chain is called?
5. Which indicator would be used for the following reaction and what colour would it give?
KOH + CH3CH2COOH H2O + CH3CH2COOK
6. Identify Reducing/ Oxidizing agents in equations
7. Calculations involving volume/mole/molar concentration
8. Which of the will exhibit the most electronegative character?
a ) Al b) Si c) P d) S
9. Hydrolysis of organic nitriles will yield?
10. The bomb calorimeter makes use of which of the following?
11. How many isomers of C4H9OH will be a tertiary alkanol?
12. Oxides of non-metals give?
13. Name the compound CH3CH2COOCH3
14. In the reaction 2SO2 + O2 -X-- 2SO3 , X is?
15. Which of these make oils distinguished from fats?
16. If at a temperature of 120oC, the rate of formation of a product is 40cm3sec-1, what will be the new rate of formation of the product at 130oC
17. Calculations for solubility in mol/dm-3
18. The characteristic crystalline shape of solid water is due to?
a )Ionic bond b) dative bond c) hydrogen bond d) vander waals bond
19. N , H2S , CO2 , Cl Which is soluble at room temperature?
20. Which of the following is not easily hydrolysed by dilute acids
21. Calculations involving Keq (Equilibrum constant)
22. The purest form of natural water is?
23. The most polluted form of water is?
24. The purest form of amorphous carbon is?
25. The compound of copper used for electroplating is ?
26. The most abundant rare gas is?
27. The ability of an organic compound to form multiple bonds with itself is?
1. Alkanoic acid
15. Oil contain higher proportion of unsaturation